Madeline's New Year party

Thursday, February 25, 2010

This year I helped organize the Chinese New Year party for Madeline's orphanage. A young woman, Jiaoli, who used to live there, returned to Jingmen City to celebrate the New Year with her family. She visited the orphanage and arranged to have the children visit a local park and have lunch at a restaurant. The park had a bounce house area and bumper cars. The children had so much fun. Then they all enjoyed a delicious lunch. She also went shopping to buy the children new shoes and clothes.

She has shared with me photos of the celebration. And I have to say, that it just warms my heart to no end to see the children having so much fun. To protect the privacy of the children still living in the orphanage, I cannot post their pictures here. However, I am sharing the photos of Madeline, as well as another little girl, Iris, who is also being adopted by an American family.

The timing of these photos is just perfect. I have been in a funk for the last few weeks, as we have made NO progress with our paperwork. However, the Lord knew what I needed and exactly when I needed it. These photos are priceless. And while I want to hop on a plane tomorrow to bring my girl home, I am happy to see her doing so well. I know she is being taken good care of while we wait to bring her home. I hope you enjoy the photos as much as we have.

***side note*** In a lot of the photos, I counted 5 layers of clothing on Madeline! Wowie!

Madeline playing in the bounce house








On the merry go-round and lovin' it!




Getting ready for lunch & a phone call


Jiaoli holding Madeline


Iris "teasing" Madeline, no really it looks like she's sharing...too sweet

6 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures 2/25/2010  

This is so incredibly sweet... hugs to you all...

Jancy 2/26/2010  

She is really cute. i enjoyed the pictures and can't wait to see the ones you will be taking of her!

Deb 2/26/2010  

I just love her big, precious smile. Waiting to give her big hugs and kisses.

Love Lives Here 3/02/2010  

Wow, 5 layers of clothes! At least she isn't cold. I can't help but smile every time I look at these pictures.

Melissa

Barbara 3/04/2010  

Wow - look at Madeline - I don't read your blog often enough so I am just seeing those wonderful joyous pictures - she is getting bigger and she looks happy on the merry go round!! It is so good to see her.
Love
Bammy

Anonymous 7/01/2010  

WoW! GREAT PICTURES!!! She is just a doll!!!!
Love,
Mich

Blog Archive

About This Blog

This blog is the place where shared our lives while waiting to bring our daughters Madeline and Havi home from China. (Our son Caleb was already home before this blog began.) It is now the place where we continue to share our life experiences, both big and little, as we try to glorify God and raise our 3 dumplings from China.

Feel free to join us as we journey through life, while I try to capture our days...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP