So emotional

Saturday, June 26, 2010

While Friday was such an exciting day for us, it was yet another reminder of two special ladies who are no longer here to celebrate with us along this adoption journey. Naturally after our agency called, I texted Patrick (since I couldn't call him at work). Next up to call was my dear twin sis. Then I called my sweet Auntie Alison. And then I had to think about what friends to call.... because I haven't been able to "call" my mom or gramma in years since they both passed away. It's times like these when the pain of their absence just takes hold of me, and I cry out to have them back. I miss them deeply and hurt for my children who will never know their big bear hugs or big wet kisses. I know how excited they would be to witness us growing our family and rejoice right along with us. I just miss 'em. I just plain miss 'em. And it hurts.

4 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures 6/26/2010  

There are no words I can say about your mum and Grandma to make it feel 'better' but just know that I am sending you hugs... I sometimes feel this way about my dad who died in 1978 but I think of how I wish he were here to see our Shauna... hugs...

All My Beans 6/26/2010  

This is an exciting time for you..and although the losses in your life seem to be emphasized, they know..and are sharing in your joy. Godspeed!suplizoi

Anonymous 6/30/2010  

Dear Madeline - what joy we all share as a family -can't wait to meet you and visit you and play with you!!
All my love and hugs,
from your Grammy

Anonymous 6/30/2010  

Looking forward to meeting you as well...can't wait. I know mommy and daddy are excited the date is set, and so is your family in CT.

Blog Archive

About This Blog

This blog is the place where shared our lives while waiting to bring our daughters Madeline and Havi home from China. (Our son Caleb was already home before this blog began.) It is now the place where we continue to share our life experiences, both big and little, as we try to glorify God and raise our 3 dumplings from China.

Feel free to join us as we journey through life, while I try to capture our days...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP