Favorite Photo Friday: A Windy Day

Friday, February 24, 2012

I do apologize that I haven't shared any photos of the kids in a while.  Before this photo shoot, it had seriously been a month since the last time I photographed them.  Pathetic.  Shame on me.  I love to photograph their precious smiles.


I just haven't had much spare time.  So we had a rare break in the hustle and bustle of our days last week, and I thought I would whip out my camera and snap a few shots our little dumplings.

After putting Madeline down for a nap, I went outside to read while Caleb played some basketball.  That's when I said "Hey, forget the book and get your camera."


Caleb has been playing a lot of basketball since he got his hoop at Christmas.


He is such an athletic little guy.  
Because of the brachial plexus injury to his left arm, he shoots one-handed and does a pretty darn good job with it, too.


Caleb was so patient with me as I interrupted his game to take some photos of him.  I just love this series.  I guess he got a little tired. lol.






Madeline finally woke up from her nap, just a wee bit cranky.




However, after showing her the photos I took of her brother and asking her if I could take some of her, she decided to join in the fun.

Still a bit tired though.


And a bit cranky.


Really, though, it was the wind she wasn't a fan of.  And boy, was it windy!  I think it was gusting to 
25-30 mph!


After bringing her back near the garage (these were all taken in the driveway), she was a tad bit happier.


This focus is a bit soft, but I just LOVE her lips in this shot.  




I tried moving her further away from the garage because the light was better.  Then she complained that she was so cold.  It was like 80 degrees.  




Anyway, it was fun to get out there and capture some sweet shots of the kidlets.  I've already told myself that I need to do a better job of photographing them this next month, no matter how busy we are.

If you'd like to see more gorgeous photos, be sure to check out Lisa's blog. 

Have a great weekend!





the long road

5 comments:

Deb 2/24/2012  

LOVE these!! I especially like the one of Madeline shivering ;)

amy 2/24/2012  

What a handsome young boy you have and such a beautiful daughter. Wonderful pictures :)

KandK 2/24/2012  

These photo's are adorable! LOVE them all:)

God Bless,
Diane

Tatjana Parkacheva 3/01/2012  

Wonderful photos.

Regards and best wishes

Stephanie 3/02/2012  

I love Caleb's tousled hair...awesome. And the pics of your sweet (cranky) daughter...too funny! I've seen those post-nap looks plenty of times around here. Takes those girls a bit to wake up! Adorable.

Blog Archive

About This Blog

This blog is the place where shared our lives while waiting to bring our daughters Madeline and Havi home from China. (Our son Caleb was already home before this blog began.) It is now the place where we continue to share our life experiences, both big and little, as we try to glorify God and raise our 3 dumplings from China.

Feel free to join us as we journey through life, while I try to capture our days...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP