Cousin time

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Last Saturday we had plans to visit my sister and family after running some errands in their neck of the woods.  Turns out our plans changed very early in the morning.  We wouldn't be going.  Oh, but wait.  The disappointment in all of the cousins was enough to change our minds.  Despite not needing to make the long drive, we opted to do it anyway, later in the day...just to hang out and do nothing else.  It was so worth it.

At one point, actually close to half time of the Gator football game, we headed over to the playground.  On our way, some kids in the neighborhood were selling lemonade.  So Patrick supported their entrepreneurship and purchased a few cups.
 The kids were really sweet.  They appreciated our generosity and came back out to give the kids bracelets they had made.  Very sweet.

So the awesome parents that we are, we neglected to outfit Havi in some shoes before we got in the car.  In order to keep up with the bigger kids on the playground, her cousin Josh let her borrow his sneakers.  So sweet of him.
 The last time they all played together on the playground, I somehow managed to snap a photo of the four cousins.  I was hoping to add Havi to the photo this time around, but Patrick was concerned about mosquitos near the water; Havi and mosquitos are NOT a good combination.  So here's another shot of the four of them, this time with no flashing from Madeline.
 Golly, I love how I captured his cute tongue sticking out as he hustled back up to join the others.
After the playground, we headed back to the house and caught the rest of the Gator game. Despite a season-ending injury to our starting quarterback, the Gators managed to pull off a victory against Tennessee.  That made for a happy house.  Patrick and Madeline picked up some bar-b-que for dinner.  She loves running errands with her Baba.  It might be because he spoils her a little bit.

Anyway, we had such a nice, relaxing, lounging around and doing nothing kind of afternoon/evening.  We're so glad we decided to get together anyway, despite the long drive.  The kids just love spending time together.  I'm happy that Caleb has tennis tournament opportunities where they live.  It means we'll get to see more of each other.  Plus there are some state parks nearby too. So they'll be able to come out and visit/camp with us.

Speaking of tennis, Caleb played in a local tournament last Friday. It's funny because I had no idea it was going to be a tournament! I thought he was going to a group practice at a new facility he's been taking lessons at.  We were both surprised when so many people showed up that night!  lol  Thankfully, Caleb didn't miss a beat.  First, he played a mixed doubles match and won.  Then played two singles matches and won them both easily too.  I'm so proud of him!  He played so well, and each week he continues to improve.  I still find it hard to believe he's only been playing 3 months.  He'll have an opportunity to play in some local tournaments where we live on Friday nights.  So he's happy about that.  He'll also continue to travel for some of the bigger ones on Saturdays.  We're excited about coordinating those with camping trips. :)  Sadly, I don't have any photos, not even iPhone photos, from his last tournament because I was there by myself with all three kids (Patrick had a business meeting.)  But now that I know, I will be sure to take my big girl camera with me.

Linking up with my friend, Kim, today!
Little by Little

5 comments:

Deb 9/26/2013  

Ah girl, you know how much fun we and the kids had. We love hanging out with you so much! So glad to hear how well Caleb is playing in his tournaments. Can't wait to see you guys again really soon. Love you!

Grandma (Bammy) 9/27/2013  

Wow! Caleb you are a champion!! Even if you never play tennis!! You are a champion son and brother!! I can't wait to see you again. I miss you very much and I love you very much.
Love
Bammy

Karli @ The Bonnie 5 9/29/2013  

Eva these photos are so beautiful. What a wonderful day! Now you have me in the mood to take park pics of my kiddos. :-) It's been awhile... maybe over a year!
Love your compositions as always. Hope you have a wonderful week! xoxo

Jancy 9/30/2013  

It is so wonderful to have cousins that not only are close in age but close (enough) in distance. As always your pictures and narration are great!...and I totally understand about mosquitoes and Havi. Emie and mosquitoes...oooohh bad combination. We are actually going to plant Citronella plants around our house to help poor Emie from them.

Kim Cunningham 10/01/2013  

These are sweet! Who can pass up a lemonade stand? Not me! I can relate to Havi and the Mosquitos. Both my middle son and I have problems with them. We get eaten alive and swell. We avoid them at all costs. Poor H!

Blog Archive

About This Blog

This blog is the place where shared our lives while waiting to bring our daughters Madeline and Havi home from China. (Our son Caleb was already home before this blog began.) It is now the place where we continue to share our life experiences, both big and little, as we try to glorify God and raise our 3 dumplings from China.

Feel free to join us as we journey through life, while I try to capture our days...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP