Memorial Day weekend fun and other happenings

Monday, June 2, 2014

Yep, I'm a bit behind.  These photos are from last weekend, but I'm just now getting around to sharing them.  We had a busy week while Bammy was here visiting.  We were constantly on the go.  Last Sunday our church's Asian American Fellowship group put on a big picnic at a local park.  We got to see some folks that we haven't seen in a while.  So that was really nice.  We also got to hang out with the family of one of Caleb's tennis buddies, Nathan.  We ate great food, did some dancing, participated in games, and the dumplings swam in the pond.  We had a fantastic time, even if it was hot.
Caleb and Nathan had fun climbing a big tree.  Caleb is a bit scared of heights, but after some encouragement from Baba, he did fine.
Then on Memorial Day, one of Patrick's colleagues had a bar-b-que at his house.  The kids had fun swimming in the pool and going down the inflatable water slide.  Caleb's buddy Lucas had cut his face earlier in the day when he collided with another boy while going down the slide.  So he had some stitches placed and graciously sat out the rest of the afternoon.  Havi had a blast in the hammock.  Then the kids did poppers and lit sparklers and had a great time.
We had such a fantastic weekend.  Even after Bammy left, Havi kept asking for her.  She clearly enjoyed having her "Nammy" visit.

Well, school is out in our neck of the woods which means summer programs are starting up.  Caleb will begin his intense tennis training this week.  He will be training 5 days a week, sometimes twice a day.  And this weekend is a really big tournament, the highest level there is for Under10 in Florida.  Caleb is so excited, and his coach is even thinking of making the drive to watch him play in the tournament.

Madeline's dance recital is just two weeks away.  Two weeks ago, we got to observe her class during a trial run for the rectial.  It was the first time I had seen her perform her two routines.  Oh my!  I love the choreography.  The numbers are just too sweet!  And the girls' costumes are just perfect.  I can't wait to see the rest of the children's program at the dress rehearsal next week.  Madeline is currently dealing with a splinter in her foot that we can't get out.  So we are hoping it doesn't interfere with her recital.

In completely unrelated news, I'm happy to announce that I finally finished my first roll of film!  I sent it out on Saturday, and now I can't wait to get my scans!  Shooting with film has really slowed me down.  I really have to think before I press the shutter.  I can't believe it took me two weeks, yes two weeks, to finally use up a 24 exposure roll!  I can't even remember all the different shots I took with that roll. lol  Needless to say, I've already popped in the next roll and am not being so apprehensive.

Well, that's it from me for now.  Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Deb 6/02/2014  

It looks like you guys had a fabulous time last weekend. I can't wait to see Caleb play this weekend. I am so excited. Also anxious to see your film photos too!!! Praying for Madeline's foot. Poor thing.

lisacng @ expandng.com 6/03/2014  

Can't wait to see what develops from your roll of film! The anticipation...

Barbara Wilson 6/03/2014  

yes,the picnics were great fun!
the kids sure loved those sparklers too!
sending lots of love
Bammy

Blog Archive

About This Blog

This blog is the place where shared our lives while waiting to bring our daughters Madeline and Havi home from China. (Our son Caleb was already home before this blog began.) It is now the place where we continue to share our life experiences, both big and little, as we try to glorify God and raise our 3 dumplings from China.

Feel free to join us as we journey through life, while I try to capture our days...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP