A birthday celebration for Baba

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Gulp, I can hardly believe it's been almost a month since we celebrated Patrick's birthday.  Yep, his birthday was back in October, but I'm just now getting around to sharing the photos from his special day.  Well, just like we did with my birthday these last few years, Patrick decided that he, too, wanted to celebrate his birthday on the water.  So we went ahead and rented a pontoon boat for the day.
The weather was gorgeous, sunny and pleasantly warm but not hot.  Patrick wanted to do a little fishing.  The dumplings couldn't wait to get in on the action.
Fishing from the boat was not going well.  So we opted to hang out on one of the little islands in the middle of the river.  This one was different from the one we went to for my birthday.  Still, it was a charming spot. We all had lunch, and then it was back to fishing.
While everyone was fishing from shore, we saw lots of sting rays.  That was pretty cool. Then it was time to head back to shore.  Patrick let all the dumplings drive the boat for a bit.  They loved that.  If they weren't driving, they were chilling up front with their snacks.
Well, it was such a wonderful day.  It's hard to believe it happened almost a month ago. This Sunday we will be celebrating a special little peanut's third birthday.  I still can't believe she's turning three.  It seems like yesterday we accepted her referral.  She's no longer that itty bitty toddler though.  She's growing up before our very eyes. Although I'm not sure exactly what we'll be doing to celebrate yet, other than cake/cupcakes and a tennis tournament, I'm sure I'll be snapping some photos to commemorate the occasion.  Thank goodness, because I have barely touched my camera this past month.  Makes me a bit sad.  So apparently I need to do something about that....and I will!  You can count on it!

2 comments:

Grandma (Bammy) 11/21/2014  

wow - great way to celebrate any Birthday - looks like everyone had a wonderful time - beautiful pictures
Sending lots of love
Bammy

michele 12/18/2014  

Looked like it was a beautiful day! Glad you all had such a great time!

Blog Archive

About This Blog

This blog is the place where shared our lives while waiting to bring our daughters Madeline and Havi home from China. (Our son Caleb was already home before this blog began.) It is now the place where we continue to share our life experiences, both big and little, as we try to glorify God and raise our 3 dumplings from China.

Feel free to join us as we journey through life, while I try to capture our days...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP