Bammy's visit

Friday, August 3, 2012

As I mentioned previously, this past weekend Patrick's mother, known around here as Bammy, flew down from Connecticut to visit.  The kids just adore her.  They especially love to swim with her and splash her and get her all wet.  A lot.  
And it's non-stop silliness, too.

The night before heading back home, we stopped down at the pier to snap a few photos of the kidlets with Bammy.



They did their best to be patient with me as I tried to capture, yet again, a lackluster sunset.  
Shame on you, sunset, for not doing me any favors.


After the river shoot was done, we headed over to our local ice cream spot, Moo's.  A few weeks ago, when we were coming back from Joshua's birthday party, we drove past a big Saturday night crowd enjoying the soft serve.  Well, I knew I wanted to try to shoot the bright yellow against the dark evening sky.  So I brought along my travel tripod in order to shoot at a slower shutter speed.  

Well, the slight problem I had was that my travel tripod stands about 8 inches off the ground, which left my face practically on the pavement as I tried to check focus and exposure.  Still, I liked the perspective in the shot above.

So, we ended the evening by enjoying some vanilla with butterscotch or sprinkles.  Nothing fancy here.
Just refreshing on a hot evening.

Then, of course, the kids rode the little rides.  Always.  A couple times each, I might add.
Madeline even brought one of her wallets with change, just to be sure.
Although Bammy's visit was short, we truly enjoyed having her.  
And we're looking forward to seeing her in October for our niece, Lydia's 6th birthday.

And if you can believe it, I have another upate on our adoption paperchase.  On Wednesday afternoon, I called immigration to let them know we were printed a little early and also to check the status of our application.  Well, the officer informed me that our application was pulled and APPROVED that morning!  So, the approval notice should be arriving in our hot little hands any day.  Also on Wednesday, we overnighted most of our Florida documents to a courier in Tallahassee who will deliver them to the Secretary of State for authentication.  We've been a little slow at doing this, but we figured we still had some time as we wait for our immigration approval.  Well, now it looks like we'll be sending the courier another package next week!  So my wish to be DTC by the end of the month just may come true.

For more favorite photos, stop by Lisa's blog!

Have a fantastic weekend!

the long road

12 comments:

Tamar SB 8/03/2012  

Gorgeous! Your kids are so adorable!

Martha @ Berrybliz 8/03/2012  

love the hand in hand photo...sweet sweet kiddos!

Kevin and Michele 8/03/2012  

I enjoy your photos, but I REALLY look forward to hearing about your progress!!!! YAY for things going faster than you expect!

Deb 8/03/2012  

Love your sunset photos, sis! You are doing a fabulous job! And another yahoo for being one step closer to DTC!

Toni 8/03/2012  

Yea for almost DTC! I still remember what relief that is:)

lisacng 8/03/2012  

Sorry about that uncooperative sunset! At least they had fun with Bammy. The darker photos are great. Love the pier -- great leading line. Love the silhouette! I have yet to capture one. Look at you with travel tripod! Show off ;). On the asphalt -- things we do for the shot! Love the one of Caleb enjoying his ice cream. The cow in the back kinda helps to frame him. I might have taken a slight crop on Bammy -- sorry Bammy! Congrats on next step in adoption process!

Teri 8/03/2012  

Love those photos by the "dock"!!! Gorgeous. How exciting on the adoption!!

Diane 8/03/2012  

Such special memories of the kids and the Bammy! Congratulations on approval and being one step closer to DTC!!! WOW!!!
Happy Friday:)
God Bless,
Diane

Emily 8/03/2012  

The colors in that sunset silhouette shot are beautiful and I love the moment you captured! Thank you for sharing!

Grandma (Bammy) 8/04/2012  

My idea of heaven!!! Being with my grandchildren!!!
Bammy

Kim Cunningham 8/05/2012  

I love the two pier shots! Well done!

Gina @ Gigi Marie Photography 8/07/2012  

Great pics of your visit- nothing like getting some ice cream in the evening.

Congrats on your adoption news- that is SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Archive

About This Blog

This blog is the place where shared our lives while waiting to bring our daughters Madeline and Havi home from China. (Our son Caleb was already home before this blog began.) It is now the place where we continue to share our life experiences, both big and little, as we try to glorify God and raise our 3 dumplings from China.

Feel free to join us as we journey through life, while I try to capture our days...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP