We're in!

Friday, November 30, 2012

Big news #1: 
We have our LID for Havi- Nov 9th!  
Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!

Big news #2:
We moved!!!

I was supposed to finish this post up before we turned off our computers earlier this week, but that, obviously, didn't happen. These photos were taken at our old place.  Remember, I wanted to capture the kids just hanging out and enjoying themselves?  Well, here they are pretending to be ferocious lions.  They love to play "animals" all the time.


I loved photographing them at play in our living room because it had the absolute best light in the entire house. (Yes, technically it should probably be called the family room.  But I grew up with only one room for the family, and we called it the living room.  So that's what always stuck with me.)  

I still have other photos I've taken this past month at our old home that I still want to share.  No fear, though, I will try to put up some photos of the dumplings in our new home.  Believe it or not, I still haven't taken a shot of the front of our house.  For real.  lol.  Anyway, I think I better start downloading all those iPhone photos I've taken.  I can't believe how much light this house has!!  I haven't even bothered shooting with my big girl camera too much these last few days because I have found the photos I've taken with my iPhone to be bright enough.  Gasp!

We're still in the processing of moving everything in and helping things find their rightful place.  But the reality is, though our old house was small, we really built in some great storage. Our new house has much more space, but storage just isn't the best...not yet anyway.  It will come, if I have my way. lol

Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  We will be enjoying ours in our new place!  Oh, and I can't forget to say a huge thank you to our dear friend Shail and his friend Carlo, who are men of steel with hearts of gold and have graciously given up their time these past two days to help us.  And according to them, they're not done!  Say what?  Their hearts are so huge.  They have richly blessed us as they have been the hands and feet of God.  We are so grateful and are deeply humbled by their service.  A million thanks!

5 comments:

Deb 11/30/2012  

We certainly had a great time visiting and spending our last night at the old house. A ton of memories for sure. And Shail and Carlo are amazing! What a blessing! Can't wait for your referral...

Fannie 11/30/2012  

Wow!!! Lots of great news!!! Congratulations!!!! So the next post for adoption will mean u have a referral! So exciting!! You are a few months ahead of me and I am looking forward to it!

Cheri 12/01/2012  

Congratulations on both!

lisacng @ expandng.com 12/03/2012  

Yay for 2 big news! Very exciting time! LOL they like to play animals. Cute lions! Can't wait to see the new house and all this light you speak of!

Kim C. 12/05/2012  

Congrats on moving forward with the adoption and well, moving forward to the new house!

Blog Archive

About This Blog

This blog is the place where shared our lives while waiting to bring our daughters Madeline and Havi home from China. (Our son Caleb was already home before this blog began.) It is now the place where we continue to share our life experiences, both big and little, as we try to glorify God and raise our 3 dumplings from China.

Feel free to join us as we journey through life, while I try to capture our days...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP