A time to read

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Well, it seems like I can't get my act together these days.  I had wanted to share these photos before we went out of town, but that obviously didn't happen.  We actually just returned from a 5 day trip to New York City!  We had an absolute blast with only one major mishap, which was thankfully short lived.  I'll get into all the details in another post, and I will be sure to share some of the many photos I took.

For now, I'll get back to the reason for this post....a time to read.  As you can see, I took these photos of the dumplings at our old house in my favorite-y favorite room to photograph them in.  We loved to read in this room because of all the natural light.  Sometimes we would get distracted when looking out at the oak tree and all the birds that would visit our yard.  And sometimes Madeline had her own way of distracting her sweet brother, too.  Good thing he doesn't mind.







Although I'm going to miss the light in that room terribly, I'm thankful that our school area in our new house has good light too.  It's not as bright as our old living room, but it's brighter than our old school room.  And it's large enough that we now have a little sofa in there (which was last used in Madeline's old bedroom.)  We love to sit on it and read for school now, although we've actually done very little school here since moving (because we actually haven't been home!)  Oh well.  Ya gotta love the flexibility homeschooling offers.  Anyway, I'll be back with more photos to share.  I promise.

5 comments:

Deb 12/09/2012  

Love to see their smiles and giggles! I miss sitting in your old living room already. sniff, sniff.

Gina @ Kleinworth & Co. 12/10/2012  

I so hear you on the flexibility of homeschooling. Makes the move that much easier when you don't have to worry about school too. Love these pics. I just adore your kids- they always make me smile & fill with joy!

the meaklims 12/10/2012  

This set of photos is delicious, Eva!! I love love love the lighting and your beautiful children and home decor... can't wait to see your new place. I'm sure it is gorgeous too.

Jill

Kim C. 12/12/2012  

That light is so yummy! These two look like siblings, alright. Lots of jostling. :). Your trip to NY sounds great. I really would love to go this time of year. I've only been in summers.

lisacng @ expandng.com 12/26/2012  

Love your kids. They are so cute! Love the ones where you shot them from above!

Blog Archive

About This Blog

This blog is the place where shared our lives while waiting to bring our daughters Madeline and Havi home from China. (Our son Caleb was already home before this blog began.) It is now the place where we continue to share our life experiences, both big and little, as we try to glorify God and raise our 3 dumplings from China.

Feel free to join us as we journey through life, while I try to capture our days...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP