How about some cake?

Friday, March 1, 2013

As I have been making Madeline's birthday cake this week for an early birthday celebration, I remembered that I never shared the photos I took of the dumplings enjoying a little chocolate peppermint cake I made last month.

For the cake, I used a high quality dark chocolate cocoa and coffee to enhance the chocolate.  The frosting is a traditional (American) buttercream that I flavored with peppermint extract.  I also added some crushed peppermint candies to the layers.  The cake was delicious, and Patrick declared that it was Jesus' new birthday cake at Christmas time.  I wholeheartedly agreed! It's a perfect holiday cake. 

The only issue I had was that I ran out of frosting!  So I couldn't pipe any decorations.  Oh well, it sure tasted great.  And the dumplings thought so too!

We are thoroughly enjoying our company and can't wait to help Madeline celebrate her birthday at tomorrow's party!

4 comments:

lisacng @ expandng.com 3/01/2013  

What a BEAUTIFUL cake! As a judge in one of those cake shows would say, the layers of cake are perfectly the same width, the layers of frosting between also perfectly the same width. Look how it stands and not wobbles! Great job girl! I'm SURE the kids LOVED it!

Kim Cunningham 3/01/2013  

That cake looks great! I can't wait to see what you do for M's b-day! I'm sure it will be fantastic!

Grandma (Bammy) 3/05/2013  

I heard about how yummy and beautiful that cake was!!! A work of art for sure. Wish I could have been there to enjoy your festivities and all the company you had!!!
Happy Birthday darling Madeline!!!!
Lots of love
Bammy

Nancy 3/06/2013  

Seriously, where do I place my order?
YUUUUUMMMMM! And surely it's SO not on my diet.

About This Blog

This blog is the place where shared our lives while waiting to bring our daughters Madeline and Havi home from China. (Our son Caleb was already home before this blog began.) It is now the place where we continue to share our life experiences, both big and little, as we try to glorify God and raise our 3 dumplings from China.

Feel free to join us as we journey through life, while I try to capture our days...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP