Be brave

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Last week at tennis, I whipped out my Fujifilm to snap a few photos of the girls hanging out.  Well, that quickly turned into the girls taking turns behind the lens.  Now mind you, although the Fujifilm is compact, lightweight, and easy to use, it's not cheap.  So I really had to watch the girls carefully to make sure they didn't drop it on the pavement, because that would be kinda bad.  (In a sidenote, I took the liberty of blurring the signage in keeping with our "undisclosed" location, like I did at the recent Pro tennis tournament.)
Don't you think the shooting-up-at-your-neck-and-nose angle is so flattering? *cough cough*
Regardless of focus, I absolutely adore this shot that Havi took of me with my toothless girly.
And then, of course, when it was Madeline's turn, somebody had to photo bomb.
Then I tried to reduce the neck-and-up-your-nose shot by getting down lower.  It worked, briefly.
We proved that, even though the superhero party was over, we still had it in us.
So believe it or not, that day Caleb actually had two tennis lessons (a private in the morning and a group in the late afternoon).  So it was back to the courts for some of us. Madeline stayed home with Baba, and I took Havi with me to hang out.
I tried snagging a shot of the two of us, but this was the only attempt she allowed.
The courts weren't busy yet, so she took to running down the long sidewalk that splits the front and back courts.
She had a lot of fun, but shortly after I snapped that photo, she hit the pavement hard.  Thankfully she only skinned her knees a little.  So she took to dancing and playing with her diaper changing pad.
I just loved the shadows that the sun and wind screen cast on her.  It was such pretty light.

Well, this past weekend was a busy one for us.  Not only did we go camping, but Caleb also had a tennis tournament.  We also stayed an extra night at the campground, which meant we were driving back to the house at 6:00am Monday morning.  We're so glad we did that though.  I didn't take nearly as many photos as usual because I was trying to keep up with Caleb's tennis matches (Patrick took him to the tournament), but I will try to share about our camping adventure soon.

2 comments:

Grandma (Bammy) 8/19/2014  

wow - your dumplings are becoming photo buffs!! Great shots!
Looking forward to seeing you in the future...
sending love from
Bammy

Deb 8/19/2014  

You are very brave to hand over your camera. Love those shots! Can't wait to see you guys soon!

About This Blog

This blog is the place where shared our lives while waiting to bring our daughters Madeline and Havi home from China. (Our son Caleb was already home before this blog began.) It is now the place where we continue to share our life experiences, both big and little, as we try to glorify God and raise our 3 dumplings from China.

Feel free to join us as we journey through life, while I try to capture our days...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP