What she said

Friday, September 19, 2014

It's hard to believe our precious Havi has been in our arms fifteen months now.  And in just two short months, she will be turning three.  Where oh where has the time gone?  She's no longer that itty bitty 18 month old we held in China.  Nope.  I seriously tried to savor those younger months because Madeline and Caleb came home at much older ages, 28 months and 34 months respectively.  Yes, I tried savoring and appreciating diaper changes and tantrums because I knew those things would come to an end.  And when they did, I would be sad.  Call me crazy.

Anyway, the other night I was putting Havi to bed.  She likes to bring a toy to bed, mostly to play with to delay sleep.  Well, this particular night she grabbed her China baby album.  It's the album we actually had sent her with photos of us, but her foster family switched a few photos out with some of her and one with Havi and both her foster parents.  Despite the room being lit by just a night light, I asked her who the people were in the photos.  She pointed to herself and said, "Me."  Then I pointed to her foster parents and she said, "Mama, Baba."  I couldn't believe it.  It's been probably six months or more since she has looked at those photos.  Yet, she still identifies with her foster parents.  It was a reminder of just how strong their bond was, how much they loved her and she them.  It reminded me (and Patrick when I told him) of the hurt she expressed in Taiyuan.  Her heart was so broken....her precious little heart, crushed.  While that time was difficult for her, I'm so thankful she was so deeply loved at such a young age.  To see her today freely hugging and kissing her brother and sister just melts my heart.  It's a testimony to that first love.

Well, I thought I would include a few photos of Havi that I snapped the other night while she played in the front yard when Baba was trying to fix her hand brake on her bike. They eventually went on a little bike ride, but when Havi realized they were going around the block faster than she could keep up, she sobbed hysterically for her Baba.  It was precious and heart breaking all at once.

4 comments:

Grandma (Bammy) 9/19/2014  

what wonderful pictures!! How big Havi is getting!! We all can't wait for your visit!!!
Sending lots of love
Bammy

Deb 9/20/2014  

I love to hear your stories about Havi. These memories are truly precious. You are blessed!

lisacng 9/22/2014  

She really has grown so much and so fast! Love to hear these updates! Great photos of the summer fun.

Kevin and Michele 9/27/2014  

Wow, it has been so long since I've been in the blogger world! How your kids have grown!!! I can't believe Caleb is almost as tall as you and Madeline has lost so many teeth! And Havi, is looking so much more like a kid and not a baby! Sounds like life is just full of blessings!!! Good to catch up on your bog! Unfortunately, I am admitting I might be done with blogging. I can't even keep up with cleaning the house, and doing photo albums... something had to go.

About This Blog

This blog is the place where shared our lives while waiting to bring our daughters Madeline and Havi home from China. (Our son Caleb was already home before this blog began.) It is now the place where we continue to share our life experiences, both big and little, as we try to glorify God and raise our 3 dumplings from China.

Feel free to join us as we journey through life, while I try to capture our days...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP