To bike or to shoot?

Friday, September 5, 2014

After our last camping trip, we realized we accidentally left Havi's pre-balance bike in our RV when we stored it.  So while Madeline and Caleb have been off riding their bikes lately, she has taken to "riding" Madeline's first pedal bike. We lowered the seat as low as it will go for her (about 16" high). So she can sit on it and walk it while on her tippy toes.  (Her inseam is about 14"-14.5".)  This is less than ideal for good balance because she needs to plant her foot firmly on the ground AND the pedals are still in her way....however, she has been pushing along quite well, with the pedals in the best possible position.  In fact, she can get going at a pretty good speed considering she is only pushing with the balls of her feet.  I'm amazed at how well she can balance and push in spite of this less than ideal situation.  About two weeks ago, I finally ordered her a real balance bike.  Sweet girl can't get enough bike videos to watch on my computer since then.  It's precious to hear her shout "new bike" or "pink bike".  In fact, she has been known to shout "pink bike" in the middle of the night during a diaper change.  Seriously!

So the other day, she was out "riding" when she warranted a diaper change.  After going back inside for said diaper change, I decided to grab my big girl camera.  Well, remember the other day when I let the girls snap photos with my Fujifilm?  This little girl does! So back inside I had to go to get that camera for her to play with so she can take "shipahs" (pictures).  And there went my plans to shoot my little girl riding/walking her sister's pedal bike.  Oh well...I rolled with it.  I don't ever want to forget these precious days of this little girl 'working' that pedal bike without using the pedals....or the days her face sparkles when taking photos with my camera.

1 comments:

Grandma (Bammy) 9/07/2014  

How precious is the "ordinary"!! Love those shots you made!!

About This Blog

This blog is the place where shared our lives while waiting to bring our daughters Madeline and Havi home from China. (Our son Caleb was already home before this blog began.) It is now the place where we continue to share our life experiences, both big and little, as we try to glorify God and raise our 3 dumplings from China.

Feel free to join us as we journey through life, while I try to capture our days...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP