This really IS crunch time

Friday, July 9, 2010

I know I've said it before, but now it's on....crunch time...no more, next Thursday or next Saturday. Nope, this is the week! It's our final week to make preparations for the trip of a lifetime. We begin our journey a week from today. It's hard to believe the time is finally here. It's hard to believe that it has been over 8 months since we first saw our daughter's face. And soon, we'll be holding her in our arms. Every day we check things off our "to do" lists only to add more. But what gets done will get done, and what doesn't....oh well. Life goes on.

Today, we finally purchased a new carry-on suitcase for Patrick because he really needed one. The way his old one was configured just wasn't practical. So now he's got a super deluxe carry-on that is sure to be a keeper for a long time. He also got a few more quick drying shirts in preparation for the extreme heat and humidity. It's funny...after we went shopping, we went to a local chinese restaurant. The owner is from Guangzhou, just like Caleb. We told him we were headed to Wuhan next week to bring our daughter home, and his eyes got really big. He said, "Oh Wuhan, it's VERY HOT there!" Great...thanks....just what we wanted to hear. LOL.

So while we now have most of the things we are bringing (still a few more items to purchase), we now have the privledge of figuring out how to pack it all! We are only checking 2 bags total, with 2 carry-ons and 3 personal items...way below what we're allowed. So we have to make it fit! We traveled with this same amount of luggage last time, and it was so easy to get around with it all and our new son because I wore him in a carrier. But now instead of me carrying him, Patrick will do the honors while I carry Madeline! Yep, we're carrying both kiddos. So we should be quite some sight! I just hope Madeline will let me carry her. Because otherwise, Patrick will be carrying her, and I will be carrying Caleb....all 47 lbs of him on my little frame. I still do wear him in the carrier around the house because he loves to be in it (he feels so safe in there.) But I'd rather not run through all the airports with almost 1/2 my weight added to my front. LOL. But if that's what needs to be done, I'll do it. I'll do anything for my precious children.

Anyway, on the bedroom front, I am still working on the bedskirt. I hope to finish it up tomorrow. Finding time to make it has been tougher than I had hoped. But it's gonna look so cute when it's done...simple, but so cute to go with the rest of the room. I can't wait to embellish it when we get home from China. Then after the beskirt is finished, I can paint her monogram and figure out how we're gonna get it up on the wall along with all the other stuff that still needs to go up. On that note, my fingers better stop typing and start sewing!

5 comments:

Stephanie 7/10/2010  

I'm so excited for you! We JUST got home within the last 24 hours and I'm struggling with jetlag and so is Annie.
You sound so prepared for this trip. You are going to have a wonderful (HOT) time. Enjoy!!! I will love to follow along.

Fliss and Mike Adventures 7/10/2010  

I have not forgotten you... I didn't want to call you back cause you said your sister was there. I am so incredibly happy for you all... this is so exciting... I don't know who is more excited... you or me :) Hugs to you and will call you before you go... love ya.

Deb 7/10/2010  

Can't wait to see the finished bedskirt. That would be a sight if you had to carry Caleb and make your way through the airport. He's practically as tall as you ;) Can't wait to see your smiling faces on Friday at the airport!

Love Lives Here 7/10/2010  

I am so excited for Madeline to come home. I can't wait to follow along. Please try to post every day at least some pictures. Praying for a safe trip and that the bonding goes well.

Colleen Cocci 7/11/2010  

May your flights be on time and your luggage be with you. I hope all goes as scheduled and that the heat isn't as bad as "all that". I can't wait to see the photos as you continue to the finish line to see Madeline's smiling face. It's been wonderful to follow along with you. Be safe and God bless!

Blog Archive

About This Blog

This blog is the place where shared our lives while waiting to bring our daughters Madeline and Havi home from China. (Our son Caleb was already home before this blog began.) It is now the place where we continue to share our life experiences, both big and little, as we try to glorify God and raise our 3 dumplings from China.

Feel free to join us as we journey through life, while I try to capture our days...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP