We made it to LA!

Friday, July 16, 2010

Well we made it safely to LA. I have to say to Colleen that I absolutely loved your travel benediction. So far flight #1 was on time, and our luggage was with us. I hope that trend continues. I am typing this post from my iPhone as we settle in to our hotel to wait until our flight leaves around midnight. Caleb did well during our 4 hour flight. He mostly played golf on Patrick's iPad. I began reading a pretty heart wrenching book that had me crying after the first page...really. It's called Castaway Kid by R. B. Mitchell about a boy who was one of the last kids to live in an orphanage here in the U.S. Very moving and painful to read because the emotions are raw and true.

Anyway, we will rest up here for the next few hours. Please pray for safe travels during the rest of our trip. We won't land in Wuhan until Sunday morning around 10:00am Ch*in@ time, which is Saturday night for everybody back here in the states. Thanks for following along. Feel free to post comments as we will be able to view them and will appreciate all your encouragement.

6 comments:

Colleen Cocci 7/16/2010  

Eva and Family,
So glad to read that your first leg went so well. I hope the trend continues. Reading from the Turks & Caicos; arrived today at noon for a week of diving!

Mom2Four 7/16/2010  

I'll be praying for safe travel and a wonderful "gotcha" day!

The Lewises 7/17/2010  

Wonderful. You've BTDT, so try to enjoy! It's so exciting seeing another part of China, and experiencing your daughter's culture. We have special memories of both our trips. Two kids...your lives will never be the same!! We're so excited to follow your journey! :D

Love Lives Here 7/17/2010  

I'll be here every day just waiting for your next post. Safe travels

Anonymous 7/18/2010  

Good to hear! Can't wait for more news!
Love, Michele

Fliss and Mike Adventures 7/19/2010  

Sorry I never got to comment here... been busy at work and with Shauna... just the general tiredness :)
I will post comments for sure :)

Blog Archive

About This Blog

This blog is the place where shared our lives while waiting to bring our daughters Madeline and Havi home from China. (Our son Caleb was already home before this blog began.) It is now the place where we continue to share our life experiences, both big and little, as we try to glorify God and raise our 3 dumplings from China.

Feel free to join us as we journey through life, while I try to capture our days...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP