Our good-bye to 2012

Friday, January 4, 2013

It might have been the last morning of 2012, but for us, it was just like any other....though Madeline surprised me by getting dressed and making her bed without any prompting. lol  Then she joined me in the kitchen for "chocolate coffee."
Caleb eventually woke up and joined us, being his cute and silly self.
We just chilled at home.  The kids played inside and outside.  I unpacked some stuff from our move and fiddled around in Photoshop so I could get a better handle on making storyboards with my images for the blog (so you'll be seeing lots more of them.)  Then the sun started to set.  And I thought I'd try to capture the last one of 2012.  The sun sets behind our house.
And we have a "preserve", aka an empty lot to the north of us.
I'm looking forward to capturing more sunsets here in the summer, as this is where the sun will actually drop below the horizon.  For now, it's still pretty.  This is the view outside both kids' bedroom windows.  Not bad, eh?

Well, I still have some photos I want to share of the dumplings just kicking around our new place. I'll get those up soon, plus some randomness from the last few months.  Oh, and while I was working on my 2012 collages, I realized there were quite a bit of photos I never shared here on the blog.  That's mostly because I took so many this summer.  I came across a post I never published from some of our time at the local library. And since we spent several days each week there, I thought I would go ahead and hit publish but keep it back dated.  So here is the link if you care to take a peek.

Hope you all have a happy weekend!  We'll be moving out the last of our stuff from our old house.  Fun right?  We have put it back on the market.  So if you pray, please pray that it will sell quickly.  Thanks a bunch!

4 comments:

Nancy 1/04/2013  

excited to see some shots of your new home!
Gorgeous sunsets!
nancy

BumbersBumblings 1/05/2013  

Happy new year!!

Deb 1/05/2013  

You know how much I have enjoyed our time at the new house. I think everyone has made themselves at home. So glad we were able to celebrate the holidays with you. Love ya sis!!!!!

lisacng @ expandng.com 1/07/2013  

Lovely morning shots of the kiddos! Oh, and to add on to the comment I just left, I think it's great you are using daily prompts to kick start your 2013. Hope to see you on IG!

Blog Archive

About This Blog

This blog is the place where shared our lives while waiting to bring our daughters Madeline and Havi home from China. (Our son Caleb was already home before this blog began.) It is now the place where we continue to share our life experiences, both big and little, as we try to glorify God and raise our 3 dumplings from China.

Feel free to join us as we journey through life, while I try to capture our days...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP