His Birthday Eve

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I mentioned in a previous post that Bammy was down from Connecticut to help Caleb celebrate his birthday.  Well, since she's down for a little while, we thought we'd put her up in some pretty nifty accommodations- our dear Peggy.  We set her up at a campground at a local park in town, about 15 minutes from the house.  On Caleb's Birthday Eve, we headed over to Bammy's place to help her get settled in and have some dinner and s'mores.  Caleb wanted to light the charcoal.
Then Baba had to head back to the house for a few things we forgot  (of course).  So in the meantime, the dumplings played with Bammy.  Caleb might have also pretended to be Santa Claus.
The meat head that I am brought my Nikon but left all my CF cards at home.  Duh!  But thankfully I had my Fujifilm in my bag and made do.
Havi may or may not have had a thing for the s'more sticks.
Eventually Baba made it back to the site as the sun went down.  We managed to eat by candle light, which was cool.  Then, although I don't think they're actually allowed in the campground, the dumplings played with some sparklers.  I guess you could call us rebels.
I wished I hadn't forgotten my CF card for my Nikon because it does so much better in low light that also has a lot of movement.  My Fujifilm is just slower in the dark, and my subjects have a hard time being still.  Not necessarily the best combination. lol Anyway, I'm glad I was able to capture the moment the only way I could.  Perspective. ;)

We had a lot of fun that night.  Good thing we just might be joining Bammy later in the week.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

About This Blog

This blog is the place where shared our lives while waiting to bring our daughters Madeline and Havi home from China. (Our son Caleb was already home before this blog began.) It is now the place where we continue to share our life experiences, both big and little, as we try to glorify God and raise our 3 dumplings from China.

Feel free to join us as we journey through life, while I try to capture our days...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP