Joy in the morning

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Weeping may endure for the night; but joy comes in the morning.
~Psalm 30:5

You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
that my heart may sing to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever.
~Psalm 30:11-12

There is so much truth I could quote from God's word, but I will share just these two verses for now.

As I've said before, Gina has taught me how to appreciate the simple things in life- simple moments like enjoying breakfast with my kids, helping them get dressed, cuddling in bed at night.
Most of life is made up of these ordinary moments, and if we don't choose to embrace them, they will simply fade away.

These last two months, I've set out to embrace them.  That means always having my camera ready.  And this particular morning was no different.  Madeline has been waking up waaaay early some mornings.  So I will put on her favorite show, Wild Krats, before her brother wakes up.
(By the way, I ADORE her little, wispy bedhead hair sticking straight up!)


She caught me off guard here.  I wasn't ready when she turned toward me and flashed me her big, beautiful smile.  So the focus was not on her face.  I still love it though.
I love seeing her precious, chubby face resting in her little, chubby hand.

This morning in particular, she passed the time by also playing with her lacing cards.  Sometimes she uses her toes (and yes, that's one of my lenses in the corner of the shot.)
She apparently needed a "splint" for her broken foot, or so she said.

Tomorrow I will be attending Gina's visitation, and Tuesday will be her funeral. No doubt, there are going to be a lot of people in attendance.  Gina, Will, and their three precious children are so deeply loved.  They have touched the lives of so many people- so many they have never even met. Gina fought so hard to live, even to the very end.  She had so much to live for.  Thank you, Gina, for all that you have taught us about living in the short time you had here on earth.  See you in heaven some day, my friend!  Love you!



For more Sunday Snapshots, stop by Stefanie's blog.

Ni Hao Yall   

11 comments:

3 Peanuts 7/01/2012  

Oh Eva, I am so sorry for Gina's friends and family. I am sure her loss is devastating. I will offer up some prayers for them today.

I think your daughter Madeline looks a lot like our daughter Kate. Love the bedhead photos. I am also wondering if you live near us as some of your photos look like the Houston area.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today.

Kim

Deb 7/01/2012  

Love seeing Bei Bei's bed head!

Thank you again for sharing your heart about Gina. It has been an emotional last few days and there are more to come. Hugs sweet sis!

Susan 7/01/2012  

Great shots, loved the verses you shared.

Kate 7/01/2012  

Eva...I love your girl too. She is beautiful. I am so sorry about your friend...a huge inconceivable loss to those who loved her. May you all be lifted with the Peace that passes understanding...

Kate

Gina @ Gigi Marie Photography 7/01/2012  

Once again- such a beautiful post. You certainly remind me at the perfect times to put my head where it belongs. Thank you for that! I'm so sorry to hear about what you have coming up this week. Prayers for your strength through this & for her family.

Nancy 7/02/2012  

I have never met her or even met a friend or family member of hers. and she inspires me nevertheless. Powerful stuff.
Prayers for her family for over here.

And bed hair and sleepy eyes are so amazingly gorgeous. just amazing.

nancy

Stephanie 7/02/2012  

I could just weep seeing those precious kids who will grow up missing their mama. Praying for them...and the rest of her family and friends in the days to come.

Dita 7/03/2012  

What a beautiful shot of Gina and her family...so full of life. May the spirit she clearly had remain squarely with her family all the days they have here on Earth. I pray for you and for Gina's family and friends.

I smile as I look at your daughter...so beautiful...she reminds me of my own. Every single second is precious and I see you have camera in hand as do I to capture every moment!

Happy Independence Day!

Dita

Stefanie 7/04/2012  

Such a beautiful shot of Gina and her family... I can not imagine how hard it must be.
Thinking of you.

lisacng 7/04/2012  

Sorry to hear about Gina but you will reunite in heaven with perfect bodies and health. No more suffering. Good for you to keep up the picture taking. I've been lazy lately. Love the wispy hair too

Kim Cunningham 7/05/2012  

So so sorry to hear of Gina's passing.

Blog Archive

About This Blog

This blog is the place where shared our lives while waiting to bring our daughters Madeline and Havi home from China. (Our son Caleb was already home before this blog began.) It is now the place where we continue to share our life experiences, both big and little, as we try to glorify God and raise our 3 dumplings from China.

Feel free to join us as we journey through life, while I try to capture our days...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP