Some fun with legos

Sunday, July 8, 2012


I really haven't been in the mood to blog lately.  A big part of that has to do with the fact that I photographed Gina's visitation and funeral this past week and consequently have been looking at those photos every day.  Painful stuff.  I know her children will appreciate having these photos when they are older.  So I'm going to do a few nice things with them that I know they will like.  Still, my heart has been hurting a lot.  And I'm having a hard time shaking the pain.

I actually took the photos I'm sharing today the day before Gina died. (Oh how I HATE saying that and referring to her in past tense, but that's another blog post.)  Anyway, Caleb has discovered a new love- Legos!  He had so much fun putting these together.  It's also great therapy for him because he really has to use both hands to manipulate the pieces.  He struggles with fine motor tasks because of his weak grip due to his brachial plexus injury.  So this activity was not only fun, it was also therapeutic. 
{insert smile}



This one makes me smile. I love how I captured the air in his cheeks! lol





This week I start another photography class.  This time I'm taking Push Past Your Comfort Zone offered by Lisa at The Long Road to China.  I'm really excited about this because I know what things I like to shoot and how, but I don't want to keep myself in a box.  This is really going to force me to make different choices, and in the end, will help me become a more well rounded photographer- one who knows what she likes but can confidently step out and shoot something out of the ordinary.

So this summer should continue with a lot of snapping around here as I stretch and grow myself as a photographer.  And thankfully my kids no longer see their participation in this learning process as torture a pain.  

6 comments:

Deb 7/08/2012  

Love that overhead shot of the legos!

I understand how hard its been sweetie. I haven't been able to accomplish much these last few days. Hugs sis!

Kim Cunningham 7/08/2012  

I'm sure this is really a painful time. So sorry that you and your sister and friends are hurting. *hugs*

Legos are such great toys and I can imagine that they are very therapeutic. Our boys love them and it is neat to watch them grow in ability to create and manipulate the pieces.

Carly 7/09/2012  

You have such a sharp lens. Your photos are beautiful, but I'm sure you'll enjoy learning some new tricks.

the meaklims 7/09/2012  

I'm so so sorry for your loss, it is evident through your writing how much this girl meant to you and I wish I could say something to take away the pain you feel right now... but know that time is the best healer.

So nice that you got to take pictures and that the children will have that memory. You have such a gift in photography and it's nice that you got to pass that on.

Love that lego plane - he did an amazing job of it! Lilah has recently started playing with the small lego too - I buy her the smaller kits, like the top car showing in your post here. She loves it! SO nice that your boy got some theraputic time in too.

Jill

lisacng 7/10/2012  

Take as much time as you need to grieve. Lovely photos of your kids playing legos. Love the air in the cheeks too. I LOVED legos growing up. They ARE fun and educational.

living out His love 7/20/2012  

Oh my gosh, we recently put that same airplane together! The kids adore that thing and are so proud of themselves!

Blog Archive

About This Blog

This blog is the place where shared our lives while waiting to bring our daughters Madeline and Havi home from China. (Our son Caleb was already home before this blog began.) It is now the place where we continue to share our life experiences, both big and little, as we try to glorify God and raise our 3 dumplings from China.

Feel free to join us as we journey through life, while I try to capture our days...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP