From downtown to the playground

Monday, July 30, 2012

Part 2: The playground

As soon as we arrived, Caleb was desperate to use the bathroom.  So all three of us went in- me still wearing my prescription sunglasses and toting my camera.  I could hardly see a thing in there, as there was very little light.  It wasn't until Caleb was finished and washing his hands that I noticed a tiny stream of light filtering through the top part of the outdoor bathroom, and Madeline was standing right in it.  This top shot was actually the last one I took, but since I'm linking up with Sunday Snapshot, I'm putting it...well, at the top.


I LOVE how she was completely surrounded by darkness.  I am completely fascinated with low light photography and definitely want to practice it more.

Anyway, back to the playground.  Although we had our water bottles, the kids couldn't resist a drink at the fountain.  The trajectory was a bit high, so Caleb stood on the side of it while Madeline pushed the button.  They had a lot of fun doing this, and I think the soaked shirt helped to keep Caleb cool for a wee little bit.

After Caleb lathered himself up with sunscreen, I snapped a few shots while he waited for Madeline to apply hers...because she insists that she's a big girl and can do it.  You know, that's what happens when you're 4.  You can do everything.


Then they were off!






Oh, how I love the sweat and sunscreen pouring off their faces!!!




And if you can believe it, after all that running around, they still had enough energy to swim in the pool.  Believe me when I say they slept like logs that night.  We had such a fun, summer afternoon.  It made my heart melt, which I guess if the sun didn't do it,then they would.  They always do.  I know I sound like a broken record, but I just love watching the two of them have fun together.  I love the relationship they have, and I pray it continues.

For more Sunday Snapshots, scoot on over to Stefanie's blog.
Ni Hao Yall

8 comments:

Cheri 7/30/2012  

Love the shots, especially the first few. What were your settings? I'm learning by trial and error. I need you to come visit and teach me a few things?

Teri 7/30/2012  

Beautiful photos...love that first one:)

Mona's Picturesque 7/30/2012  

Such a great photos! Love them all. The first pic are super but most of all I'm loving the playground shots... You can see that the children are so happy ♥

Deb 7/31/2012  

Love, love, love those low light shots!!! Simply fabulous! And I love your candid playground photos! You can see the love between them! Love you guys!

Kate 7/31/2012  

Really so so cool. I love the top photo as well. I, too, love low light, dramatic photos...and you have inspired me to try some new things. Beatuiful!!

lisacng 7/31/2012  

Love the low key photos at the top! I have yet to practice this but it is so dramatic, but also really sweet! You can the bro sis love in these photos, which just warms my heart! What a cool house/shed to photograph with! It looks nicely shaded for great light. I love the sunscreen melting off their faces too! They had LOTS of fun and glad to hear they slept like logs! The jumping shot is great!

Jancy 8/01/2012  

Love all the pictures but especially the two of them hugging! I also pray that the great relationship lasts forever, because I want the same with my kids!

Stefanie 8/01/2012  

Such a sweet series!
Especially love the picture of Caleb jumping - what a great shot, Eva!

Blog Archive

About This Blog

This blog is the place where shared our lives while waiting to bring our daughters Madeline and Havi home from China. (Our son Caleb was already home before this blog began.) It is now the place where we continue to share our life experiences, both big and little, as we try to glorify God and raise our 3 dumplings from China.

Feel free to join us as we journey through life, while I try to capture our days...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP