My little pink fish

Friday, May 4, 2012

This week Madeline had swim lessons with Ms. Carmen.
Last summer, she spent seven weeks learning how to swim and float, how to rescue herself or wait to be rescued.


This year, she simply needed a refresher.
Only it seems I waited "too long" to schedule it because 
my little fish was already using all the skills she learned last summer before 
her first refresher lesson this week.  Oops.


It's been fun, though, seeing Ms. Carmen again.
She's a great instructor.
She adores the kids, and they adore her.
And I adore her, too!


And it's reassuring to hear it from somebody else that
Madeline still has "it," the ability to swim and be safe in the water.
And not only that, she's playing with her brother under water 
and trying to dive for toys at the bottom of the pool.
She's amazing.

I recently picked up some cute new swimsuits for Madeline that I "thought" she might want to model.
But as you can see from the images above, I was mistaken. lol

After enough pleading, I managed to convince her to strike a pose or two before jumping in the pool.


This pose was actually Caleb's idea.
"Hey Madeline, put your hand on your head like this."
So so funny.
I do love how she puckered her lips though.





  the long road

11 comments:

Deb 5/04/2012  

Love those model poses!!! She is a little fishy!

photo by ansku 5/04/2012  

What a cute model you have!!! :-) Great shots.

Stephani Cochran 5/04/2012  

Wonderful photography and precious shots!

Elena 5/04/2012  

Love her little pink bath suit! She is so cute! I love that last pose!

Karin M. 5/04/2012  

Such little and sweet girl...so nice photography...
Greetings, Karin

Diane 5/04/2012  

Awwwww, it is difficult to "jump back in"! She is such a cutie rock'in that hot pick suit:) Adorable! Have a wonderful weekend!
God Bless,
Diane

Carly 5/04/2012  

Such a cute little fish. I love the skirt. They make such cute clothes for little girls! I want to get Ky, my 10 month old, into swimming lessons this summer, but I'm not sure if he is old enough. Loved your pictures!- Carly

Stephanie 5/04/2012  

Oh, the drama!!! I am laughing out loud. (And your photography rocks, by the way.) Love her suit, love her poses, love her arm draped across her face.

Grandma (Bammy) 5/05/2012  

Such a beautiful granddaughter and a natural in the water!!!
Lots of love from
Bammy

Gina @ Gigi Marie Photography 5/05/2012  

Love the ruffles on her suit. It won't be long now- we will be swimming all summer long.

Michelle 5/07/2012  

She's an adorable little girl.

Thanks for your note the other day. It's always nice to meet another homeschooler. We hsed all the way through. Last year my youngest graduated which forced me into retirement. I miss it. Enjoy...it goes much too fast!

Blog Archive

About This Blog

This blog is the place where shared our lives while waiting to bring our daughters Madeline and Havi home from China. (Our son Caleb was already home before this blog began.) It is now the place where we continue to share our life experiences, both big and little, as we try to glorify God and raise our 3 dumplings from China.

Feel free to join us as we journey through life, while I try to capture our days...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP